For an alternative to the traditional vanilla buttercream you can try this whipped cream buttercream. It’s super easy to make, creamy and only requires a handheld beater. If you’re after a more stable whipped cream alternative for cakes and cupcakes, this is it.
- 225g Icing Sugar
- 115g Butter - Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 100ml Full Cream
- Add butter (at room temperature, don't melt) and icing sugar in a large metal bowl.
- Then place the metal bowl in a shallow tub of warm water.
- Using a handheld mixer beat until butter and icing sugar come together and form a thick paste. Remove bowl from the tub of water.
- Now on a slow speed add the vanilla extract followed by the cream, making sure it's well incorporated and smooth.
- Turn beater up and whip for another 5 minutes, then it's ready to go!