If you want a caramel sauce but it doesn’t quite hit the spot, try this spiced caramel for your next occasion. This recipe is super easy and incredibly versatile for any sweet addition needing a warming spice.
This sauce can be used here for my Eary Grey and Spiced Caramel cupcake. How about you give that one a whirl too!
- 250ml Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Ginger
- In a small saucepan add your cream, golden syrup and the 3 ground spices, heat on a low temperature stirring occasionally.
- In another saucepan add your caster sugar along with 6 tablespoons of water and bring to the boil, making sure that you don't stir it at all.
- Set timer for 5-8 minutes and upon the 5 minute mark watch it like a hawk.
- Your sugar syrup should be bubbling and starting to turn a warm amber colour, this is when you know it's ready.
- Remove from the heat and slowly pour in the warm cream. Whisk vigorously to remove any lumps and anything sticking to the sides.
- Allow to cool and thicken before transferring in to a jar, all ready to ice cream, cakes or anything that needed that spicy sweet hit.