When people pop by, there’s nothing better than the house smelling of freshly baked cookies. If you weren’t prepared, then it’s always good to have something quick and easy on hand. These Salted Vanilla Cheesecake Cookies are not only easy to make, they are delicious and actually taste like a cheesecake in cookie form.
If the combination of sweet and salty isn’t for you, these cookies are very versatile and worth some experimentation. Omit the salt and half of the vanilla extract and try adding chocolate chips or fruit conserves to create your own favourite cheesecake flavours.
If you do make up your own flavour combinations, do let me know what worked for you along with your favourites.
- 300g Plain Flour
- 150g Vanilla Wine Biscuits - Crushed
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter - Room Temp
- 250g Cream Cheese - Room Temp
- 3 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- + Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Start by flicking the oven onto 180 degree bake and lining a baking tray with grease -proof paper.
- Measure out the vanilla wine biscuits and crush them with either a rolling pin or in a food processor and then set aside.
- Next, either in a free-standing mixer or with a hand-held beater, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, salt and vanilla wine crumbs until mixture comes together as a dough. It should still be just sticky enough to handle.
- Roll dough into small balls and space them along the baking tray. Use your fingers or the underside of a floured glass to press balls down until they're about 1cm thick. Finally sprinkle with some sea salt or some more vanilla wine crumbs.
- Bake for about 14-15 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Easy and delicious!