You can feel it in the air as summer approaches, with promises of warm weather, end of year festivities and evenings outside eating until dusk. There’s nothing quite like spending this time of the year with friends and family around the barbecue, it screams out salads and cold desserts. I’m a huge fan of desserts to finish off a night, or even to get one started. So when I heard that Nespresso had joined the festive table, embracing the season of nostalgia and excitement, I was immediately inspired.
Nespresso has just released three new limited edition coffee flavours for the upcoming Christmas season, Variations Confetto Snowball (a delicious espresso pairing sweet coconut notes with a touch of vanilla), Variation Confetto Orangette (the bittersweet flavour of orange peel and a hint of chocolate are vibrant in this flavoured espresso) and Variations Confetto Licorice (a tasty combination of spice and licorice candy notes). Inspired by traditional candies that evoke nostalgic childhood memories, I was immediately drawn to Variations Confetto Orangette which took me back to a childhood flavour favourite, orange and chocolate.
I decided to make a dessert inspired by these childhood memories that would also be a delicious hit on the table this festive season. I introduce my Orange Chocolate Tiramisu with layers of ladyfingers soaked in Variations Confetto Orangette, orange mascarpone custard and dark chocolate flake. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to make this dessert. The day before is best!
The release of Nespresso’s new Christmas range has also come with an exciting new theme to their packaging, capsules and colourful accessories which have been developed in collaboration with renowned artists Craig & Karl. These accessories are absolutely stunning and would make perfect gifts for any coffee enthusiast and will be available at Nespresso.com and Nespresso Boutiques from October 30, 2017.
- Sponge Layer
- 200g Ladyfingers (more if needed)
- 200ml Variations Confetto Orangette (Extracted from 3-4 capsules)
- 80ml Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Orange Liqueur
- Orange Custard Layer
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- 130g Caster Sugar
- 100ml Orange Juice
- Zest of one Orange
- 200g Mascarpone - Room Temp
- 250ml Cream
- Dark Chocolate
- First you want to start by making the coffee mixture. Extract 3-4 Variation Confetto Orangette capsules (Espresso size) making up 200ml of coffee and then stir in the orange juice and orange liqueur. Set aside to cool.
- Using a heat resistant bowl, add the egg yolks, orange juice and sugar. Place over a pot of shallow boiling water and beat on high with a hand-held beater for 5 minutes (don’t let the bowl touch the water below). When the mixture has lightened, thickened and increase in volume slightly, remove from the heat and beat through the mascarpone and zest of one orange.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold this through the orange mascarpone custard to lighten it.
- Now that the coffee mixture has cooled, pour small amounts into a bowl and dip both sides of the ladyfingers into the mixture. Make sure they soak up just enough coffee to give them colour, but not too much.
- Using a rectangle baking dish (roughly 16cm x 26cm) make a layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers on the bottom. Pour half of the orange mascarpone custard over top and then smoothen out. Grate a generous larger of dark chocolate over top and then repeat the layers once again.
- Cover and place in the fridge either overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When you're ready for an orange chocolate pick-me-up, remove from the fridge, slice and serve. Enjoy!
GIVEAWAY TIME! – CLOSED
Thanks to Nespresso I have a box of each of the new limited edition festive flavours (3 boxes in total) to giveaway to 1 lucky reader.
To enter, tell me which festive flavour you’re most excited to try in the comments below!
– Variations Confetto Orangette
– Variations Confetto Licorice
– Variations Confetto Snowball
Entries to this giveaway end on Saturday 25th November and the winner will be drawn at random on Sunday 26th November and notified by Facebook and email. Open to New Zealand readers only. Best of luck!
The festive season comes with lots of fun and delicious this to eat. In this case coffee, as Nespresso launched their limited edition festive flavours. Thanks to all those to entered to win themselves a box of each new flavour, the lucky winner has been drawn below.
Congratulations to: Tracey Fleming
Could you please email me with your postal details and I’ll make sure these flavours get sent out to you! Thanks again for entering.
Confeto orangette. I want to try the tiramisu . I make my own version but this sound and looks
Delish. Thank you.