Fresh fruit goo adds that special touch to any breakfast, dessert or baking. With this easy foolproof recipe you can now have that extra something! You can experiment with any kind of fruit you like, for example apples, berries and stone fruit. For whatever you need, start experimenting with different fruit combinations, spices and flavours.
- 400g Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- 120g Caster Sugar
- Chop up your fruit and place in a saucepan, along with the sugar.
- On a medium heat, bring the fruit to a simmer stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until the fruit start to break down and thicken.
- Depending on the consistency you're after, you can leave the goo as is, or strain out some of the liquid if needed. Also don't forget to check the sweetness of your goo, if it's too tart, add a little more sugar.
- Allow to cool and then pour into a jar and keep in the fridge for all occasions.