If you’re a sucker for anything sweet then you need to give this cupcake a whirl. This cupcake really takes me back to when I was younger, waiting for my mum to bake some cookies so I could sneak some of the dough without her noticing. Who would have thought that later in life you could simply buy frozen cookie dough right from your supermarket freezers to eat, or bake if you’re that way inclined.
However this recipe is for a cookie flavoured cupcake, topped with a deliciously naughty chuck of homemade edible cookie dough. Overload!
COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKE
- 130g Butter - Room Temp
- 65g Caster Sugar
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 125g Self-Raising Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 20g Chocolate Chips
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Tablespoon Milk
- For on Top
- 150g Butter - Softened
- 340g Icing Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Cookie Dough
- 80g Butter - Softened
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 80g Plain Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 25g Chocolate Chips
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Flick oven onto 180°C bake or 170°C Fan
- Let's start with the cookie dough, add all ingredients to a free-standing mixture and beat until well combined, forming a sticky yet firm dough.
- Flatten of a piece of cling film (about 1.5-2cm thick), wrap it up and place in the freezer until semi solid but still able to cut through.
- For the cupcakes, sift together all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in to a free-stand mixer.
- Add the eggs and butter and beat for 1 minute.
- Lower the speed and add the milk, vanilla and chocolate chips before turning mixer back up for 1 more minute, not forgetting to scrape down the sides during.
- Fill paper cases about two-thirds full.
- Bake between 16-20 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Leave cupcakes out to cool while we move onto the buttercream.
- Beat butter in free-standing mixer for 5 minutes, scraping sides down occasionally.
- Sift icing sugar and add to the butter in two stages, beating for another 3 minutes between additions.
- On a slow speed add the milk then turn mixer speed back up for another 5 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes are cool pipe a big blob of buttercream on the top.
- Finally take the cookie dough out from the freeze and chop it up into chucks (big/small, you decide) and plonk a piece of the cookie dough right into the top of the buttercream. Sweetness overload!
Leave a Reply