The blondie is the the not so famous sister of the well known chocolate brownie, even though she’s been around a lot longer (before chocolate even came about in fact). Personally I love a good blondie, but then again I’m the kind of person who would choose a vanilla cake over a chocolate cake.
Here is a recipe I’ve put together along with a little twist on the delicious blondie. She packed full of fudge-vanilla goodness, white chocolate and salty pretzels. Topped with plenty more salted caramel and more crispy pretzels. This is a must try!
If if you need a good salted caramel recipe, I’ve got one for you right here.
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 220g Brown Sugar
- 30g Pretzels (Plus more for decorating)
- 170g White Chocolate
- 165g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Salted Caramel (See link above)
- Flick oven onto 200°c bake. And grease or line a square 20cm tin with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter, swirling until it lightly browns. Then take off heat to cool.
- While butter is cooling, sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Chop up the white chocolate and 30g of pretzels and add to bowl.
- When butter is cooler stir in brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients in to the dry until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 22-25 minutes or until top has set and golden.
- From the oven place the tin straight into the fridge to stop it baking further.
- When blondie is cool (I prefer the next day) cover the top with the salted caramel and arrange pretzels on top. Drizzle with some more salted caramel and a little more melted white chocolate if you like.
- Cut and serve!