Fresh fruit goo adds that special touch to any breakfast, desert or baking. With this easy fail proof recipe you can give that extra hit. You can experiment with any kind of fruit you like, for example apples, berries and stone fruit. For what ever you need, start experimenting with different fruit combinations, spices and flavour’s.
- 400g Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- 120g Caster Sugar
- Chop up your fruit and place in a saucepan, along with the sugar.
- On a medium heat bring the fruit to a simmer, stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until the goo starts to become thicker.
- Depending on the consistency you're after, you can leave the goo as is, or strain out some of the liquid if needed. Also don't forget to check the sweetness of your goo, if it's too tart, add a little more sugar.
- Cool, pour into a jar and keep in the fridge for all occasions.